Shakopee Derby Days is Shakopee’s annual community festival, organized and run by an independent, all-volunteer non-profit organization, Shakopee Derby Days, Inc.
Derby Days celebrates its 27th year in 2014, with the festival being held July 30-August 3.
- The Shakopee Derby Days Royalty Program will coronate 2014-2015 Shakopee Derby Days royalty.
- Pedicab Rides provided by Main Street Shakopee.
- Live Auction on Thursday, July 31.
- Strongman Competition
- Venture Crew 051 will host a Bike Rodeo.
- Petting Zoo on Saturday, Aug. 2.
- The Sawdust Pile Grab returns after a one-year hiatus.
- The Johnny Holm Band headlines entertainment on Saturday, Aug. 2.
- Tonic Sol-fa opens for The Johnny Holm Band.
- Smokescreen headlines entertainment on Friday, Aug. 1.
- The Tim Mahoney Band opens for Smokescreen.
Shakopee Derby Days Relies on Community Support
- Resident and non-resident individuals and families
- Groups and organizations
- Local businesses
How to Get Involved
- Tax-deductible donation
- Propose/chair a new event
- Serve on a committee
News & Updates
- We’re looking to implement periodic email updates about the festival, registration openings/deadlines, event schedule, new events for next year. Sign up to stay connected.
- Unfortunately, we were unable to hold the live auction that was originally scheduled on Thursday, July 31. We apologize for any confusion. In place of the live auction, we will hold a silent auction on Saturday, Aug. 2 from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Huber Park breezeway, located by the support building.
- Shakopee Parks and Recreation seeking turtles for Turtle Derby
- Shakopee Derby Days is looking for volunteers!
- What’s happening when? Check the Shakopee Derby Days 2014 Schedule of Events.
- Gravity racers unite! The Soapbox Derby returns on Saturday, Aug. 2, 2014.
- Race like a thoroughbred at the Shakopee Derby Days 5K Turf Run! Registration is now open!